Monday, November 23, 2009
I am going to try and get around to doing a video review/how-to with the Smooth Minerals. I think a Holiday Eye's instructional would be fun! ;) Until then have a fabulous day!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I am so psyched to receive my first order which is Sunday I think!? I ordered the Mineral foundation in Nude, concealer in Neutral, blush in Blushed, and lipstick in Malted Minerals. I also ordered the SuperCurl Mascara! It will be like Christmas!
Interested in selling Avon too? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org . It's only $10 to join! It's simple gals. Email me!
Have a happy make-up day! :)
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Oh! I almost forgot to share with you the new fabulous tweezer line called LaVaque! They're some pretty fab tweezers if I must say so. Ultra trendy Swarovski tweezers. LaVaque even offers diamond tweezers! The tweezer line is truly beautiful and work great! Barry the CEO sent me a pair and I can't say enough about them!! You have got to check them out and get a pair, or two, or three. Yes I'm obsessed! ;)
Sorry for delayed posts. It has been very busy for me. I have been preoccupied with my eyebrow salon & my three kids! I have had little to no time to post anything. Keep watch I will have some how to post coming soon!
Also, I just got my Juice Beauty Tinted Moisturizer in yesterday! Wow! It smells amazing! Very herbal. So far so good. It looks great and feels great too. I'll update you in a week to let you know if it still as fabulous. :)
And lastly I just started an Advanced Education Class in Eyebrow Designing. If you are a professional or knows someone who is that would be interested pass my info on. :) My website is http://www.ibrowdesignz.com/.
I promise some how to post will be coming shortly. Anything in particular that you would like to know how to do? I'd be happy to share my tips and tricks!
aka Beauty Review Junkie
Monday, July 27, 2009
Enjoy Ladies! :)
Monday, May 25, 2009
The first week or so went ok. I wasn't crazy about using my emergency replacements but what the heck it was working. The foundation was a little on the greasy side unlike my sheer makeup that just soaks in and is like I am wearing nothing. The mascara was a bit watery for my liking but hey my lashes looked long & dark.
About a two weeks into using my emergency replacements, my skin started to break out and my eyelids became itchy and red! Coincidence? I think not! Just to prove my point I stopped using the Almay foundation and my skin started to clear up (however my eye's were still suffering the irritation of the mascara). The following week I stopped using the mascara and sure enough my eyes gradually got better!
The whole experience just confirmed that quality is more important than price. Although price was not the reason for my purchase, I am sure it is for many. Who doesn't want to save a few bucks? Many products on the market today are not as fabulous as their amazing advertising campaign and the highly paid celebrities that endorse them. In addition to that propaganda there are many professionals out there that compromise their integrity and endorse products that are not worthy.
My word of advise? Be cautious when purchasing cosmetics. Purchase from a salon or spa whenever possible. Think quality not price point. Skimp on your latte not your cosmetics. Your skin, eyes, and mouth will thank you for it!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
This blog has won the Honest
Scrap Award! Sue aka The Scent Lady who writes the blog YouScentMe, nominated me. Thanks Sue! Check out her blog I'm sure you will enjoy it as I do.
“What’s an Honest Scrap Award?”
“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”
There are some rules to winning this award
I. “When accepting this auspicious award, I must write a post bragging about it, including the name and link to the person who thinks I deserve such acclaim.
II. List 10 honest things about myself. Drum roll please...
1) I have THREE boys! Ages 13, 10, & 14 months.
2) I rescued a fish from Walmart. The story goes... I was walking down the pet isle to pick up some bird food. When I spotted this grayish beta fish floating in his plastic bowl. I tap on the container to see if he was still alive. As I gave the container a few light thumps, the fish started lethargically swimming. Feeling sorry for him I open his container and add water to his bowl from a sink near by. I then opened a can of fish food and gave him a few sprinkles and put him back. He did not come home with me that day. His bright colored companion did. (I bought my son a beta fish to replace on that had recently passed). However on the next trip to Walmart I went to check on the little guy. He wasn't a very pretty beta. In fact he was a dingy color & his tail was tattered with holes in it. Not to my surprise he was still there in the same pathetic shape. This time, I couldn't leave him to die a slow death at Walmart. So I gently pick him up and put him in the cart, picked out a new bowl and marbles for him and the rest is history :) He now lives on my fireplace mantel. He has transformed from this lethargic, dingy, tattered fish, into a happy, healthy, pretty fish. His tail mended quickly and he now is very active and jumps and swirls all around in his bowl. Especially at meal time. It's funny but I'm really attached to the little guy. True story.:)
3) I like sushi. A little inappropriate in light of my previous story.
4) I was a make-up artist on an independent film "The Rune". I don't know what ended up happening with that movie. If it got picked up by Sundance or if the title of the movie changed?
5) I worked for MAC Cosmetics for two years & loved it.
6) I have been an Aesthetician for 10 years and have owned my own business since I was 23.
7) I am into homeopathy and treat my family with herbs, essential oils, and vitamins before we ever go to a doctor.
8) I had my third baby at home. Yes on purpose. If I would of known what I know now, I would have had all my kids in the comfort and safety of my home. It by far the BEST experience. I would do it again hands down.
9) I like the San Francisco band Loquat.
10) My husband and I eloped after only three months of knowing each other. We will have been married for 11years in September. No one thought we'd make it this far. Eat your heart out haters. :P
III. Now I have to choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that I find brilliant in content or design, to pass on this honor. And they are:
The Beauty Stop
Couture in the City
The MomRN Show
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I'm in love with this product. I started using Grapes Antioxidant
lotion probably two years ago now. I started using it in the winter when my hands are at their worst. I wash my hands continuously throughout the day. It's an occupational hazard. My hands tend to crack and look dehydrated. That was the case when I started using Grapes. Believe me I had used every hand lotion and body lotion available. I could not find anything that didn't burn, that nourished, and protected my hands. Then I was introduced to Grapes from a local rep who left me a sample. I started using it after I washed my hands, in the morning before work and at night before bed. In about a week of using Grapes my hands appeared hydrated and the tiny cracks healed. Grapes has been the only lotion I can use on my hands that soothes, doesn't burn, nourishes, & is healing! I was sold and started carrying it at my shop.
Grapes has two formula's Grapes Original
in the purple bottle and Grapes Organic
in the green bottle. Grapes is a nutraceutical which means that it actually feeds the skin from the outside in. Grapes is a super anti-oxidant moisturizing lotion with age-defying, nutraceutical grade, 100% California grape extracts. They both smell amazing but the formula's feel different. The purple Grapes is lighter weight and the green bottle is a thicker cream. Like I said they smell amazing but they are not identical in sent. The purple bottle smells fresh, like a bouquet of vanilla, black raspberry and soft orchid & the green Grapes smells more like a bouquet of delicious harvest grapes and bergamont.
Not only is Grapes a an amazing super-antioxidant hand and body lotion that restores the skin's resiliency and elasticity. Grapes come in the cutes packaging ever. They look like wine bottles. They come in two sizes. Large grapes and mini grapes. I have both. I keep a mini Grapes in my purse and I have a large grapes at home and work.
If you are needing a new hand or body lotion Grapes is definitely worth a try I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
This is what Juice Beauty is saying about their product.
- Organic ingredients in a base of organic fruit juices, making our total organic content up to 95%
- Powerful antioxidant technology, including alpha-lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10
DMAE, peptides, fat soluble vitamin C and essential fatty acids for optimum age-defying results
- Certified organic ingredients packed with age-defying potency...powerful antioxidants and polyphenols, essential vitamins, vital phytonutrients and age-defying hydroxy acids
- Met the strict USDA organic guidelines for all of our certified organic ingredients
- A strict no animal testing policy
- A 100% vegetarian ingredients policy
We Do Not Have:
- Pesticides Petroleum or petroleum derivatives (propylene, butylene glycol)
- Toxic preservatives (parabens - methyl, butyl, or ethylparaben; dizaolidinyl or imadazolidinyl urea; formaldehyde)
- Harsh surfactants or sulfates (sodium or ammonium lauryl sulfate; cocamide dea/lauramide dea)
- Artificial colors or dyes Synthetic fragrances
- Phthalates or dibutyl phthalate Toluene
Here's a few snippets of what other's are saying about Juice Beauty:
I am ecstatic that I found an organic solution for aging issues and blemish issues! Unbelievable I have wrinkles and blemishes at the same time but I am thrilled that Juice Beauty not only works but that it is pesticide and paraben free!!!
Jackie -San Francisco
I am 30 years old and have been on every acne med there is including accutane twice. Nothing works and about a month ago I broke out with the worst case of acne that was more like boils. ..I tried your Blemish Clearing Serum and it started to work very quickly. In a week my skin was clear again, not red and swollen. I LOVE THE STUFF!
So are you as intrigued as I am? Are you making your things to try list like I have lol? Yea! Well, get your stuff and tell me your thoughts! I'm going to order these products too. I will make sure I tell you the details! If you are or have used Juice Beauty don't hold out, tell me what you think!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
I hadn't heard about this product until maybe a month ago. RevitaLash is a formula that you apply to your lash line daily & it causes your lashes to grow thicker & longer! I couldn't believe it.
The scoop is that RevitaLash and similar products were developed when glaucoma patients using glaucoma medicinal eye drops were growing thicker and longer lashes! So they bottled up this potion and now are selling the magical elixir. The only draw back that I have heard is that your eye color may change permanently one shade darker.
I kinda like my eye color so I don't think RevitaLash is for me. Besides I steer clear of medications whenever possible. But if your not concerned about any of that it might be worth a try. Revitalash runs on average $150, but I know you can get a great deal on Amazon.
If you are using or start using RevitaLash I would love to hear how it is working for you! And maybe see a before and after picture? To do that just post a comment here or email me at email@example.com.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Get the Look:
If you've read any of my previous posts you know what I am going to say next... the first step to great make-up is great skin. I'm a huge believer in Bioelements Skin Care. I personally use it and recommend it to my clients. The results are "flawless" skin. So, first things first get a Bioelemements Great Skin in a Box for your skin type then proceed to step 2.
Now that your skin is smooth as a babies bottom you will need a sheer foundation. A sheer foundation is going to even out uneven skin tone & give your skin an illuminating healthy glow. Here are a few to try: (my favorite) Bioelements - Sheer Makeup with Calcium and Lipoic Acid
it's light weight (feels like your wearing absolutely nothing. I call it "your second skin".) It has an amazing sheer coverage, it contains light reflectors that blur imperfections, and skin strengthening-free radical fighting vitamins to boot! I have mine in L-2 & LOVE it. Here are a few others to try as well: gloMinerals gloSheer Tint Base, Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer, Urban Apothecary Supernatural Mineral Sheer Tint, & Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation - 60 Watts. Your ready for step 3!
Now it's time to add that splash of sheer color and create a soft smokey eye.
The goods: You will need a soft pastel blush like Vasanti Cosmetics Blush, a soft eyeliner pencil liner such as Mally Beauty Shaping Secret Eyelift Wand in 3 Shades in soft brown or charcoal, a soft pastel eyeshadow like Givenchy Prisme Again! Eyeshadow Quartet, a set of false eyelashes Japonesque Complete Lash Kit will do the trick, and last but not least a sheer lipstick or gloss such as ck Calvin Klein Fully Delicious Sheer Plumping Lip Gloss in bloom & lip liner by Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh Tone Lip Pencil in Bare. On to step 4.
Now your ready for the application. For a quick and easy spring look, gently sweep the Givenchy Prisme onto your eyelids. Next line your eyes with the Eyelift Wand in either color, smudge lightly to create a smokey effect. Then add the Japonesque lashes. Blend your real lashes and false lashes together with a blinc Heated Eyelash Curler 1 ea. Now sweep on the Vasanti Blush. Lastly, line your lips with the Kevyn Aucoin bare lip pencil & apply a sheer layer of the CK Delicious Plumping Gloss. Smack your lips, give your hair one final adjustment and your ready to walk out the door in your spring glam.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Foundation brushes are typically made of synthetic fibers however some of them are blended with natural fibers. Either is good. Here are a few of my favorite foundation brushes:
MAC Foundation Brush #190
Bobbi Brown Foundation Brush - Short Handle
Japonesque Professional Foundation Brush
Sephora Brand Professionnel Platinum Angled Foundation Brush #51
Smashbox Foundation Brush 13