Beauty Tips - Product Reviews - How To's
www.beautyreviewjunkie.com

Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Quality Vrs. Price Point

So, I usually write about products that I love, that I am interested in, or that I am curious about. This time I have a rant to share! As you know I typically prefer professional products over OTC products for their quality and performance. Well... I ran out of my usual Bioelements Multi-Task Mascara in Perfect Black and my Bioelements Sheer Makeup. Knowing it would be a few weeks before my next shipment would come in, so I caved and went to Walmart! I completely know better!! Never-the-less I proceeded to purchase make up at Walmart. I picked out what I thought would be the most gentle and perform decently (until my Bioelements came in of course). I bought an Almay Pure Blends Foundation 97.4% natural (or so it claims) and the popular Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in the trusted pink tube.

The first week or so went ok. I wasn't crazy about using my emergency replacements but what the heck it was working. The foundation was a little on the greasy side unlike my sheer makeup that just soaks in and is like I am wearing nothing. The mascara was a bit watery for my liking but hey my lashes looked long & dark.

About a two weeks into using my emergency replacements, my skin started to break out and my eyelids became itchy and red! Coincidence? I think not! Just to prove my point I stopped using the Almay foundation and my skin started to clear up (however my eye's were still suffering the irritation of the mascara). The following week I stopped using the mascara and sure enough my eyes gradually got better!

The whole experience just confirmed that quality is more important than price. Although price was not the reason for my purchase, I am sure it is for many. Who doesn't want to save a few bucks? Many products on the market today are not as fabulous as their amazing advertising campaign and the highly paid celebrities that endorse them. In addition to that propaganda there are many professionals out there that compromise their integrity and endorse products that are not worthy.

My word of advise? Be cautious when purchasing cosmetics. Purchase from a salon or spa whenever possible. Think quality not price point. Skimp on your latte not your cosmetics. Your skin, eyes, and mouth will thank you for it!

No comments:

Please support this blog by visiting our sponsors.