Beauty Tips - Product Reviews - How To's
www.beautyreviewjunkie.com

Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Beauty Review Junkie Won an Award


This blog has won the Honest
Scrap Award! Sue aka The Scent Lady who writes the blog YouScentMe, nominated me. Thanks Sue! Check out her blog I'm sure you will enjoy it as I do.

“What’s an Honest Scrap Award?”

“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”

There are some rules to winning this award

I. “When accepting this auspicious award, I must write a post bragging about it, including the name and link to the person who thinks I deserve such acclaim.

II. List 10 honest things about myself. Drum roll please...

1) I have THREE boys! Ages 13, 10, & 14 months.

2) I rescued a fish from Walmart. The story goes... I was walking down the pet isle to pick up some bird food. When I spotted this grayish beta fish floating in his plastic bowl. I tap on the container to see if he was still alive. As I gave the container a few light thumps, the fish started lethargically swimming. Feeling sorry for him I open his container and add water to his bowl from a sink near by. I then opened a can of fish food and gave him a few sprinkles and put him back. He did not come home with me that day. His bright colored companion did. (I bought my son a beta fish to replace on that had recently passed). However on the next trip to Walmart I went to check on the little guy. He wasn't a very pretty beta. In fact he was a dingy color & his tail was tattered with holes in it. Not to my surprise he was still there in the same pathetic shape. This time, I couldn't leave him to die a slow death at Walmart. So I gently pick him up and put him in the cart, picked out a new bowl and marbles for him and the rest is history :) He now lives on my fireplace mantel. He has transformed from this lethargic, dingy, tattered fish, into a happy, healthy, pretty fish. His tail mended quickly and he now is very active and jumps and swirls all around in his bowl. Especially at meal time. It's funny but I'm really attached to the little guy. True story.:)

3) I like sushi. A little inappropriate in light of my previous story.


4) I was a make-up artist on an independent film "The Rune". I don't know what ended up happening with that movie. If it got picked up by Sundance or if the title of the movie changed?

5) I worked for MAC Cosmetics for two years & loved it.

6) I have been an Aesthetician for 10 years and have owned my own business since I was 23.

7) I am into homeopathy and treat my family with herbs, essential oils, and vitamins before we ever go to a doctor.

8) I had my third baby at home. Yes on purpose. If I would of known what I know now, I would have had all my kids in the comfort and safety of my home. It by far the BEST experience. I would do it again hands down.

9) I like the San Francisco band Loquat.

10) My husband and I eloped after only three months of knowing each other. We will have been married for 11years in September. No one thought we'd make it this far. Eat your heart out haters. :P


III. Now I have to choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that I find brilliant in content or design, to pass on this honor. And they are:


Beauty Addict
The Beauty Stop
Couture in the City
The MomRN Show
Beauty Tips
Beauty Buzzed
Balmaholic

No comments:

Please support this blog by visiting our sponsors.